If you follow the NFL Draft, you know how quickly things change. The draft’s two most prominent analysts, Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay have over 5 drafts done already. I figured with 3 days to go, I will do my final mock draft, since things have changed a bit since then.
So without further ado, the Houston Texas are on the clock!
1. Houston Texans – DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
Best player in the draft. Best defensive prospect in a long time. Will be a force opposite J.J. Watt
2. St. Louis Rams – OT Greg Robinson, Auburn
In order to find out if Sam Bradford is their man, they must protect him.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – QB Blake Bortles, University of Central Florida
This is a bit of a surprise pick for me, but I believe it. They’ve been too quiet about this. Bortles makes sense here.
4. Cleveland Browns – QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
I think Manziel is the best QB in the draft and he fits perfectly into what Cleveland is trying to do.
5. Oakland Raiders – WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson
Best offensive player in this draft falls right into Oakland’s hands. Something finally goes right for them on draft day!
6. Atlanta Falcons – LB Khalil Mack, Buffalo
Scheme issues make Mack fall this far. He should be the 2nd player taken, but he falls right where he fits in Atlanta.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
Tampa can now take best available player. I think that is Evans. Evans and VJax are a scary combo.
8. Minnesota Vikings – DT Aaron Donald, Pitt
Look at how far Donald has come. Was once looked as a 2nd/3rd rounder. Now top 10. Zimmer would cry tears of joy!
9. Buffalo Bills – OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
Another talented blocker that comes from a rich family tradition in the NFL. Will sure up the OL in Buffalo.
10. Detroit Lions – DB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
Detroit desperately needs secondary help. Dennard is to the rescue.
11. Tennessee Titans – LB Anthony Barr, UCLA
This kills me as a Cowboy fan, because I want him in Dallas. Barr’s potential and the scheme fit make too much sense here.
12. New York Giants – OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan
The Giants need OL help and would be so excited to see a player of this talent fall to them.
13. St. Louis Rams – S Ha’sean Clinton-Dix, Alabama
Not my favorite safety in the draft, but he fits with St. Louis. He’d be a big player for them for years.
14. Chicago Bears – MLB C.J. Mosley, Alabama
Would be a top 10 player if it weren’t for injury concerns. It’s worth it for Chicago who is looking for the new Urlacher.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers – DB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
Pittsburgh’s corner core is aging. They have serious problems and Gilbert has the explosion needed for the aging group.
16. Dallas Cowboys – OT Zack Martin, Notre Dame
Martin makes sense here. Can play G this year and then switch to T next year when Doug Free becomes a FA.
17. Baltimore Ravens – WR Odell Beckham Jr., LSU
Baltimore would love to add another weapon for their overpaid QB. Beckham is a monster.
18. New York Jets – TE Eric Ebron, UNC
Jets need TE, WR and DB. TE is probably 3rd on that list, but Ebron is a top 10 player that slides right into their hands.
19. Miami Dolphins – OG Xavier Su’a-Filo, UCLA
Bit of a reach here. This would be a nightmare situation for Miami. I could see them trading back. If not this is the best OL.
20. Arizona Cardinals – QB Derek Carr, Fresno State
They need a young QB to build around. Carr could become special learning from Palmer.
21. Green Bay Packers – S Calvin Pryor, Louisville
Pryor’s speed and energy could do wonders for the Green Bay secondary.
22. Philadelphia Eagles – WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State
Desean Jackson who? In comes the younger version of their former star.
23. Kansas City Chiefs – WR Marquise Lee, USC
I’m not a huge fan of Lee, but he’s the best WR left and boy do they need another.
24. Cincinnati Bengals – LB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State
Great player that would fit right in here. Behind that monstrous DL he’d be an instant contributor.
25. San Diego Chargers – DB Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
Could become the draft’s best corner. San Diego might have to hope for that at this pick.
26. Cleveland Browns – DB Bradley Roby, Ohio State
Off the field issues and inconsistent play sends him to a late first rounder. Still immensely talented.
27. New Orleans Saints – DE Dee Ford, Auburn
I feel like this is exactly the kind of player Rob Ryan looks for. Tons of energy and a high motor.
28. Carolina Panthers – WR Cody Latimer, Indiana
Catches everything thrown his way. A team without any above average WRs can really use this.
29. New England Patriots – DT Louis Nix III, Notre Dame
In comes Wilfork’s replacement.
30. San Francisco 49ers – DE Kony Ealy, Missouri
With the issues surrounding Aldon Smith, they can let Ealy develop into something special and then cut Smith.
31. Denver Broncos – S Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois
Best cover safety in the draft. That Bronco secondary needs this.
32. Seattle Seahawks – TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
The only hole on their offense gets clogged.
There you have it! My final mock draft before the big day Thursday. I will be doing a draft review following the draft this weekend, so stay tuned!!
Please comment and leave your opinions!